£25,000 – £30,000 per annum – subject to experience
Njord Offshore are one of the leading vessel operators in the offshore renewable market. We are the technical and commercial managers of a fleet of 21 crew transfer vessels operating though out Europe.
We have a vacancy for an experienced Purchasing & Stores Manager to work in our offices in Tendring, CO16 0BG. (Map)
This role involves:-
• Liaising with the vessel’s crews for their monthly stock and spare part requirements
• Ordering of spare parts and consumables
• Handling vessel and office purchase requests
• Entering Purchase Orders on to accounts system
• Review of supplier performance
• Source new suppliers for competitive rates
• Ensure proper filing and maintenance of documents pertaining to all purchases
• Ensure compliance with procurement procedures
• Set up and maintain a supplier database
Stores & Delivery
• Organising warehouse
• Manage stock levels
• Ensure items are properly stored and accountable
• Organising delivery of goods to the different vessel locations
We are looking for a candidate with the following minimum qualifications/experience:-
• Minimum 2 years experience in a similar role
• An organised, self motivated individual
• Good IT skills (excel/outlook)
• Good attention to detail
• A knowledge of boats/vessels and their systems is preferable but not essential.
Our offices have poor access to public transport so it is essential for the applicant to have a drivers license and access to a car.
To apply for the position please complete the following form:
We are looking for a marine engineer to join our team of Fleet Engineers. The role includes travelling between vessels, situated throughout the UK and Europe, assisting the on-board crew in maintaining the vessels, rectifying outstanding defects and dealing with urgent technical issues. A company service van will be provided.
Duties will include:
Managing and updating the defects throughout the fleet and reporting to management
Training and assisting new and existing crew with good maintenance
Maintaining and repairing all aspects of the vessel, with the assistance of the vessel’s crew
Attending and managing service agent callouts
Attending and managing dry docking/ engine exchanges, liaising with shipyards, surveyors and contractors.
Identifying required spare parts
Managing spare parts inventory in service vans & site stores.
Conducting inspections and testing and recertification of vessel equipment including;
Life Saving Equipment
Qualifications/Experience should include:
5-10 years marine engineering experience, preferably in small / fast craft.
The role is a 21 day on – 21 day off rota, in a team back to back with another fleet engineer and managed by Engineering Managers based at our headquarters. You will be tasked by and report to Engineering Managers for important planned and unplanned tasks, however you will manage your own time outside such tasks. You’ll be expected to work up to 12 hours a day and be highly flexible to rapidly react to changing situations / breakdowns.
While you’re on duty, we’ll provide a service van and tools. Accommodation will be either on-board the vessel you’re working on or shoreside as appropriate.
Salary is provided on a day rate basis and dependent on experience. This position could be filled by a self-employed professional.